Thursday, December 5, 2013

Romance at the Book Festival.

On our first date, my husband took me to Northwest Bookfest.  Really, he was a keeper from day one.  Most of the day is a heady blur, but I do remember some of the amazing book art on display.  And I was most impressed with the books that had been altered in some way.  Growing up in a family that reverenced books to the degree we did, it had never occurred to me to take a sharp blade and some glue to one - the horror!  So my world opened up to new ideas, I said "yes" 3 months later, and we are living happily ever after.  

I thought about that day recently, when I saw an idea for a journal made from an old book.  It looked fairly simple to do, and more than that it looked like fun.  And it was.  Here's a peek at the results:







What do you think?  Seriously, they were so much fun, I think everyone should make them.  
Of course, if you'd rather, you can find them in my shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment