Thursday, January 9, 2014

Saturday Afternoon Candle Making

I was raised by my mom's can-do attitude.  I remember her saying, at least once, "If the pioneers could do it, then so can I!"  And she quite often does.  I grew up thinking that when it comes to do-it-yourself-ing, if it can be done, it should!  So when I woke up last Saturday morning thinking "Today, I shall learn to make candles!" I was so glad we'd bought all that candle-making stuff months and months ago.



Soy wax pieces.


Scent oils.

Color!






Very few of them are perfect, but they all work for giving us light and smelling good, and it was reallyreallyreally fun!  So I'm happy!






And then?  Then things got real frugal, and I melted down the wax from an old spent-up candle that I have loved the smell of for a while.  Now it will last a little bit longer - hooray!

Definitely well worth a Saturday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment