Thursday, January 30, 2014

Document: Favorite Things

If anyone ever wanted to put the story of my life together chronologically, they'd have to pull pieces from this journal here, and that journal over there, then back to this one, then another one entirely, etc. etc.  Sometimes I keep a continuous journal, but I really like to journal by category.  At any one time, I'll have a number of different journals in progress: one for each of my kids, a gratitude journal, a scripture journal, a bullet journal (more on that in another post), a journal dedicated to hand-lettering.  You'll probably see snatches of each of them in the coming days, but today I want to show you one of the simplest, most straight-forward category journals - a "favorite things" journal.  



For this journal, I took a small, simple, wire-bound scrapbook and gave it a title and a start-date.  When I finish, I'll add the end date.




Next, I decorated the pages (they were plain white) with paper and ephemera I had on hand.





I keep it on my nightstand, so that when I feel inspired I can just pick it up and fill a page.  I don't want just a list, so each thing I write about gets a whole page.  The best part is that I don't have to think of all my favorite things at once, I just write whenever the fancy strikes.  There is no "I haven't written in my journal for a month!" anxiety.  

It's easy, simple, and meaningful: Three more of my favorite things.



No comments:

Post a Comment