Thursday, January 2, 2014

Sketchbook ... um ... Thursday?

Happy New Year!!!





This week's sketch is based on a photo I pinned to my Inspiration pin-board.  I made it today during a game of Scrabble, whenever it wasn't my turn.  See?  You can sketch just about anytime, anywhere!


The holidays for our family were a chance to rest, be together, catch our breath, and watch a whole lot of movies.  I can rarely just sit in front of a television, without something for my hands to do.  So instead of being in my studio for the last 13 days, whenever we'd watch a movie I'd grab something to work on, then dump it back in the studio when I was done ... over and over again, until I really did get a lot done, but my space here is a wreck!



I must say, I am looking forward to seeing my desktop again soon!

The good thing about a creative mess, though, is that lovely things usually emerge from it!  One of those things, for me, was these storytelling blocks I made for all the small nieces and nephews, and the kids' teachers, for Christmas.  They were fun to make, and even more fun to play with.




However you spent your holidays, I hope they were full of good things - and that good things keep on coming for you in 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment